It’s not very often you get the opportunity to take an alpaca for a walk, that’s why at Herrings Green Farm we are now offering Alpaca treks. Alpacas are beautiful animals, with an inquisitive and playful nature, you are sure to fall in love with them.
New for July 1st 2014
For a truly memorable experience enjoy the Bedfordshire countryside as we take you for a farm walk, you can choose from the following trekking experiences:
• Picnic Walk – A forty minute walk around our farm, to include a meet and greet and feeding some of the alpacas after. Trek out into the farm where you will stop at our picnic area where we will provide you with a picnic lunch, you can sit back and enjoy the views before heading back to the farm. £32.00 per person – Minimum of 2 people.
• Farm Walks – A forty minute trek around the grounds of Herrings Green Farm, to include a meet and greet and feeding some of the alpacas. Tea/coffee on arrival. £25.00 per person – Minimum of 2 people.
• Family Alpaca Walk (2 Adults and 2 Children) – A forty minute Trek out into the Bedfordshire countryside as we take you on a trek around Herrings Green Farm. Includes a meet and greet and the opportunity to feed the alpacas. Please note that children under the age of 14 years will not be able to walk an alpaca but can be with parents as we trek. £59.00
• Celebration Walk – Whether it’s a birthday, anniversary, engagement or any other celebration enjoy a forty minute trek around Herrings Green Farm. Half way through the trek you will be able to sit back and enjoy a glass of champagne and take in the views before heading back to the farm. £32.00 per person – Minimum of 2 people.
• Alpaca Keeper – Spend a morning with us at Herrings Green Farm learning how to feed and look after alpacas, feed the chickens, ducks and geese, and collect their eggs, help with halter training and various other husbandry jobs. Take an alpaca for a walk around the farm and learn all about alpacas. £60.00 per person – Minimum of 2 people.
• All treks need to be pre-booked to avoid disappointment.
• We offer treks am and pm.
• Not suitable for children under the age of 14 years.
• Please wear suitable sturdy footwear and sensible outdoor clothing.
• Cameras are welcome.